We are looking for young, active volunteers with an interest in Human Rights and video-making to be a part of an exchange program between Norway and Colombia. If you are between 21 and 27 years old in 2016, and are a resident of Norway or Colombia, you can be a part of this team.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to peace education, and experience life on the other side of the world. During one year you would be working in a team of two volunteers from each country, living first in Norway and then in Colombia.
Throughout the project, these 4 volunteers will develop tools to help educate on Human Rights. For example, they will plan and participate in experiential learning activities, make and share short videos and take part in relevant workshops.
You can send your application here. The deadline is January 31st 2016 at midnight (23:59) local time.
To apply, you must fulfill all of the following requirements
- Be between 21 and 27 years old in 2016.
- Be a resident in either Colombia or Norway
- Have good English skills (written and oral)
- Experience as an active volunteer in a civil society organization
- Experience with arranging seminars/events/workshops (including planning, carrying out, evaluation)
- Experience in experiential learning as a method
- Be motivated and prepared to continue working in CISV after the project
It is desirable that you have experience in:
- Working in a multicultural environment
- Working with and knowledge about issues related to the projects theme (human rights)
- Inter-organizational development
- Communication and public relations
- Editing, writing and social media
- Making and editing video, and working with video social media.
- Audio/visual media e.g. filming, photography, journalism
- Project management
- Relevant academic background
In addition, CISV would like the recruited participant to have the following qualities:
- Ability to adapt to different groups and new environments and living conditions
- Motivation and a positive and pro-active attitude
- Knowledge of Spanish (for the Norwegian applicants). Knowledge of a Scandinavian language (for the Colombian participants)
Accepted participants must be, or become, members of CISV – if accepted then they have to pay the CISV membership fee.